Monday, February 1, 2010

PLACES 5x7 Oil on mat board I've been to many PLACES throughout my life and have seen many things. I grew up 10 minutes from the Atlantic ocean and dug for clams on the Massachusetts beaches. I visited the Pacific ocean and walked the windy beaches of San Francisco, California while attending a convention. I traveled with my girl scout troup to Niagra Falls then up through Canada. I sipped coffee in NY City and choked on the powdery beignets in New Orleans. I've walked through caves in Lauray, Virginia and Austin, Texas and dug for diamonds in Arkansas. I looked with awe and fear from the roads edge on Bear Mountain and collected bits of pyrite in the streets of Shamokin, Pennsylvania. I changed a flat while crossing through the Everglades, Florida and drove the 750 miles back home on the donut. While in Nashville, I pulled weeds in the gardens of Opryland Hotel and fell in love with a city and country music. I've been to many PLACES.

No comments:

Post a Comment